Office of International Cooperation
The SASS Office of International Cooperation is a functional organization responsible for the coordination and administration of international academic exchanges and cooperation. The functions of the SASS Office of International Cooperation are as follows:
Publicity and Information: overall planning of international exchange and cooperation, formulation and revision of SASS regulations on foreign affairs, financial arrangement of international programs, provision of public information for SASS staff, SASS partner institutions, publication of SASS papers (collection of English academic works) and SASS working papers.
International Cooperation: oversight of international cooperative projects, organization of international conferences, symposia, seminars and workshops, supervision of institutional agreements and management of foreign foundation grant projects.
International Exchanges: send SASS scholars and students abroad for research, study, etc.; receive foreign visitors including professors, students, government officials, and journalists.
Think Tank Studies: import and translate the research achievements of global think tanks.
International Office provides relevant services to foreign visitors, such as issuing letters of introduction, assistance with the visa application, liaison with research institutions for visits, interview and meetings, and assistance with information on locating housing as well as many other forms of assistance.
1) Maintain frequent academic exchanges
2) Expand international influence in academic disciplines
3) Organize international conferences and lectures
4) Establish long-term cooperative relations with foreign academic institutions
5) Develop wide range of academic interpersonal networks
- Every year, more than 300 SASS scholars travel abroad to do research, deliver lectures, or attend conferences;
- Every year, SASS holds more than 60 international conferences, lectures, seminars and workshops;
- From 2013 to 2019, SASS has organized more than 200 international conferences and 500 guest lecturers;
- From 2005 to 2019, SASS organized 8 consecutive World Forum on China Studies with more than 1000 overseas scholars in attendance;
-The biannual World Forum on China Studies which has been held since 2004 has been officially recognized by the government as the most important forum of its kind.
Tel.: 86 21 63840004