|
About SASS
History

As the first academy of social sciences established in China, SASS was organized in 1958 by integrating in resources of, formerly, the East China College of Politics and Law, the Shanghai College of Finance and Economics, the Law Department of Fudan University, the institutes of Economic and Historical Studies at the Chinese Academy of Sciences. SASS has taken the lead on numerous fronts. To name a few of them: the first market-oriented center for policy consultancy was born here; the programs for developing Pudong and for hosting the world exposition in Shanghai were first proposed here.

Originally headquartered at No.1575 Wanhangdu Road, the campus of the St. John University, SASS moved to No. 622-7 Central Huaihai Road in 1978 after its reopening in 1978. SASS developed its subsidiary research site at No 1610 Zhongshan Xi Lu in 1999 and a new Shanghai innovation base for social sciences has been launched in 2008 at its Branch Office.

 

 

 

Quick LINKS